
My parents have a western screech owl residing in the top of the old swingset at the house. Although not endangered, these are a rare sight mostly because they are small and strictly nocturnal. Not this little guy, in the current sub 0 temperatures he enjoys coming out to the edge of the swingset and sunning during the day. He froze, thinking I might not see him if he stood still and let me get within about ten feet to snap this shot.
I want to climb up in the tree that is directly in front of the pipe and hangout til night so I can get some rad ones. I took this yesterday (Sunday) afternoon around 2.
4 comments:
that is a great photo/story!!
An OW-UHLLLL!!! HA HA! That's CRAZY!
Cap both ends of the swing and then flush that bird out into a sac. Tie a note to it's foot and send it up to SLC. It'll be so cute.
Hey Hook, did you get some "rad ones"?
Post a Comment