Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I Direct this Post to Kenny

J Dilla silly?
This man is responsible for some of the greatest hip hop albums ever. Dilla produced albums for the following people you may have heard of: A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes, Common, Pharcyde, De La Soul, Erykah Badu and Talib Kweli. He was also a founding member of the Soulquarians along with Ahmir ?uestlove Thompson, D'angelo and James Poyser. He is one of the greatest and most talented hip hop producers ever. I suggest you listen again...

7 comments:

Ben said...

jake
do you like young jock?

JBK said...

as much as you like z-trip

kjs3 said...

I've been put in my place... What he did does give me more respect but it doesn't change that his personal album doesn't really hit me; Not like some of those other names you've mentioned.

I think more than anything else it's the quick cutouts on what I was feeling was the main beat.

I'll compare it to Lie In Our Graves. That song goes off on a great tangent. I love listening to all the little intricate parts but you never lose the underlying groove and It definitely comes back strong later. D'Angelo's business is the same.

Maybe I'm just a neanderthal and can't handle more than a kick and snare. I'll give it another listen either way.

JBK said...

Word, i still love you kenny...

kjs3 said...

You're in my heart alway.

I see a career being a VH1 adviser in your future.

Ben said...

you guys are both lame;you need to get into speed metal

JBK said...

You and weird beard?
Love Benjamin