Saturday, October 21, 2006

Lance's Lick'ems

I've tried to confirm Lance's whereabouts for over a month. Finally, here he is on the blog...

I heard you wanted my email address. Grace and I are in Shanghai. It kind of blows. Nah, it's okay but it's solidily locked in the brain-washed Third World with no hope of ever joining civilization. I go to graduate school here--which is a frekken joke, less than three classes for the whole week and absolutely no homework--and teach a few hours of English class in the evenings to pay bills. The money from teaching is good but I'm thinking about getting a full-time job during the day just screwing grad. school. Other than that I feel like I'm wasting my life. hehe!

How are things over there with you? Where are you? Did you guys end up going to any World Cup games, or at least hang out with some drunken fans? Are both of you graduated now? What kind of plans do you have? If you find yourselves in Asia within the next year your fully welcome to come stay at our pad. We live pretty much downtown and the city is unreal huge--bigger than Sao Paolo with like 23 million people. I also have hook-ups in Taiwan and Japan if you're going any of those places.

Cool things about this place: super cheap pirated movies and clothes w/ decent quality.
The North Face stuff everywhere for dirt cheap. Good quality knock-offs of Rolex and LV (they look totally real but you can get busted with them at customs. If you're into that kind of crap; it's kind of fun every once in a while).

Lame things about this place: filth. It's crazy dirty--dog and human (and other?) feces all over the roads and sidewalks. The food is somewhat disappointing, way worse than Taiwan. Crazy noisy and traffic is nuts, especially motorcycle taxis which are a trip. Not much of what you would consider "Chinese" culture here in Shanghai; it's mostly just businesses and people trying to steal your money.

Anyways, keep in touch.

Later, Lance

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Oh, i'm informing Lance of the blog so hopefully he can post his own soon...for now you can reach lance's negativity at zhanglao11@hotmail.com

bunjamins said...

Lance, assuming you've already found the blog and are reading this. we'll see you in shanghai in February, (Kristy & I). We will be in the Asia for some asianic funs. We hope that Shanghai will be one of the stops along with a week in Hong Kong and three weeks in the philippines.

love,
ben

kjs3 said...

I'm not sure that Lance can read this. China has a pretty nice grip on the internet flowing into their country but who knows how their filtering works.

Maybe me writing "DON'T TRUST THOSE RED CHINESE COMMIES" will keep Lance out of here. Sorry chief. ;)

graham said...

I don't want brid flu
but sounds fun for the rest of you