How much higher can big G go? You have to take out a frickin' loan to buy a single share these days.
You think they'll win the bid? Sounds like a pretty big deal to secure these digital waves... so until then I think there'll be some serious volatility.
Google is the 22nd largest company in the US and the 46th largest in the world by market cap. AT&T is bigger (8th world, 4th US) but I don't think they have stated intentions to bid. Also, Google has $13 Billion free cash on hand compared to AT&T's $2.7 Billion. Verizon is who Google needs to sweat, especially if they team up with other companies. Still, Verizon only has $1.9 Billion on hand in cash.
Google dropped last week along with the whole market but the fact that it's so expensive kinda makes me like it more. You don't just buy and sell it willy nilly. You need to have so many more shares to sell high and buy on a market correction if you actually expect to get more shares. Anyway, it's nuts to think that they just started 9 years ago but they still have a lot of growth potential.
i just looked it's down 2% just today.ouch i'm with duane "serious volatillity". k3 if you know it's going up(and it most likely will) buy some options?
go long term when the market goes south and it will land and gold are the only things that have ANY value and most likely will be worth more.
taylor bcst.ob is looking good when did you get in and how did you find out about it? small caps can be good if you are in the know and you get in near the start. taylor sweet find
Graham, an Option Contract almost always represents 100 shares of the stock (sometimes more but I've never heard of less).
$625.85(today's close)*(100)=$62585.00 I'll let you know when I have the power to do Options with $600 stocks.
P.S. I do invest some in gold but if all the companies I own went belly up we'd all be in worse trouble than Kenny loosing some money. It'd be a collapse of our economy and essentially a food storage situation. I generally stay away from the small fish companies and I don't sweat day to day fluctuations (well, it bothers me but I keep my finger off the sell button).
Taylor, I'm checking out Bcst and they have had some crazy performance since Sept. but they had been steadily dropping since Jan '05 before that. They're now about even with what they were in '05. Things look pretty good for the future though. The CodecSys software is SERIOUSLY impressive and they have been granted patents in most major regions of the world for it. I don't have extra cash right now but thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on them.
we just bought it last Fri at 3.32 (should have got in sooner but we wanted to watch it for a bit)- its jumping because of the contract with IBM, which IBM hasn't publicly announced yet - so while the leakage of the news has tripled the volume and bolstered the price the formal announcement by IBM will take it up another notch I hope - we think this is a good stock to hold onto through the 2009 HD changeover at least -
remotemdx (rmdx) is another local interesting stock - check it out and tell me what you guys think - it has been good for short trades as you'll see from the charts - we've been in and out of it a couple time this summer for some quick moola but tell me if you think it has more potential than that -
Kenny, you can't buy options on most pink slip or paper stocks. as for the google options yes you are right they are sold in 100 share units but the great thing about options is you don't pay the full price you just pay a small protion and that gives you the right to buy at the given price for witch you bought the option. this means you can put in less and have more leverage with your money. the farther out you buy them the better deal you can get but this can go south on you in a hurry. as for the gold investing i'm not taking stocks that are semi tied to gold i'm talking cold hard gold coins/bullion.
I started reading more about Options last night and you're right, it's not the full price. There's a lot to so I'm gonna start seriously studying and I think I'll start getting into it when I feel like I'm fully grasping it.
I don't think having bullion is a bad idea. It seems like a safe investment that you can do in smallish increments. As far as what will keep value in some crazy societal collapse situation, I think I'd rather have real estate. If it were just pure survival gold would finally loose it's value too but you'd still have shelter. I'm not too worried about this stuff. I'll just do my food storage and if everything goes belly up I'll come gather with ya'll, eat canned corn, and play indoor.
k3 - just in case you really want to get serious studying options, the best place to start researching is the options industry council: http://www.888options.com/ as it offers totally unbiased info. You'll find pretty quickly that there are thousands of "systems" out there claiming to guarantee you "risk-free" guaranteed monthly income. I recommend staying away from these. I've been trading a small options account for almost a year now and I'll tell you that options are the fastest way to LOSE your money if you don't know what's going on.
Once you get a feel for the basics I recommend downloading Think or Swim which is hands-down the best free options platform available: http://www.thinkorswim.com/ They give you a paper-trading account with 100k to play around with... pretty cool.
duane that is good info about the two web sites i will check them out thanks and you are right options can go south on you in a hurry. kenny i'm so down with the food storage canned corn and indoor it is. we can all go to patsy's if you want. remember sweet indoor games that went on for hours.
18 comments:
How much higher can big G go? You have to take out a frickin' loan to buy a single share these days.
You think they'll win the bid? Sounds like a pretty big deal to secure these digital waves... so until then I think there'll be some serious volatility.
Google is the 22nd largest company in the US and the 46th largest in the world by market cap. AT&T is bigger (8th world, 4th US) but I don't think they have stated intentions to bid. Also, Google has $13 Billion free cash on hand compared to AT&T's $2.7 Billion. Verizon is who Google needs to sweat, especially if they team up with other companies. Still, Verizon only has $1.9 Billion on hand in cash.
Google dropped last week along with the whole market but the fact that it's so expensive kinda makes me like it more. You don't just buy and sell it willy nilly. You need to have so many more shares to sell high and buy on a market correction if you actually expect to get more shares. Anyway, it's nuts to think that they just started 9 years ago but they still have a lot of growth potential.
i just looked it's down 2% just today.ouch i'm with duane "serious volatillity". k3 if you know it's going up(and it most likely will) buy some options?
go long term
when the market goes south and it will land and gold are the only things that have ANY value and most likely will be worth more.
kenny - check out Broadcast International (BCST) and tell me what you think about their Codecsys technology.
kenny - check out Broadcast International (BCST) and tell me what you think about their Codecsys technology.
they just signed a contract with IBM
taylor bcst.ob is looking good when did you get in and how did you find out about it? small caps can be good if you are in the know and you get in near the start. taylor sweet find
Graham, an Option Contract almost always represents 100 shares of the stock (sometimes more but I've never heard of less).
$625.85(today's close)*(100)=$62585.00
I'll let you know when I have the power to do Options with $600 stocks.
P.S. I do invest some in gold but if all the companies I own went belly up we'd all be in worse trouble than Kenny loosing some money. It'd be a collapse of our economy and essentially a food storage situation. I generally stay away from the small fish companies and I don't sweat day to day fluctuations (well, it bothers me but I keep my finger off the sell button).
had you gotten in bcst anytime this summer, you'd have more than tripled your initial investment.
They're based in SLC... I'm assuming you have some insider info, trailor?
Taylor, I'm checking out Bcst and they have had some crazy performance since Sept. but they had been steadily dropping since Jan '05 before that. They're now about even with what they were in '05.
Things look pretty good for the future though. The CodecSys software is SERIOUSLY impressive and they have been granted patents in most major regions of the world for it. I don't have extra cash right now but thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on them.
BCST is only $4/share. Maybe I'll do an option on this one just for you Graham.
we just bought it last Fri at 3.32 (should have got in sooner but we wanted to watch it for a bit)- its jumping because of the contract with IBM, which IBM hasn't publicly announced yet - so while the leakage of the news has tripled the volume and bolstered the price the formal announcement by IBM will take it up another notch I hope - we think this is a good stock to hold onto through the 2009 HD changeover at least -
remotemdx (rmdx) is another local interesting stock - check it out and tell me what you guys think - it has been good for short trades as you'll see from the charts - we've been in and out of it a couple time this summer for some quick moola but tell me if you think it has more potential than that -
Kenny, you can't buy options on most pink slip or paper stocks.
as for the google options yes you are right they are sold in 100 share units but the great thing about options is you don't pay the full price you just pay a small protion and that gives you the right to buy at the given price for witch you bought the option. this means you can put in less and have more leverage with your money. the farther out you buy them the better deal you can get but this can go south on you in a hurry. as for the gold investing i'm not taking stocks that are semi tied to gold i'm talking cold hard gold coins/bullion.
I started reading more about Options last night and you're right, it's not the full price. There's a lot to so I'm gonna start seriously studying and I think I'll start getting into it when I feel like I'm fully grasping it.
I don't think having bullion is a bad idea. It seems like a safe investment that you can do in smallish increments. As far as what will keep value in some crazy societal collapse situation, I think I'd rather have real estate. If it were just pure survival gold would finally loose it's value too but you'd still have shelter. I'm not too worried about this stuff. I'll just do my food storage and if everything goes belly up I'll come gather with ya'll, eat canned corn, and play indoor.
k3 - just in case you really want to get serious studying options, the best place to start researching is the options industry council: http://www.888options.com/ as it offers totally unbiased info. You'll find pretty quickly that there are thousands of "systems" out there claiming to guarantee you "risk-free" guaranteed monthly income. I recommend staying away from these. I've been trading a small options account for almost a year now and I'll tell you that options are the fastest way to LOSE your money if you don't know what's going on.
Once you get a feel for the basics I recommend downloading Think or Swim which is hands-down the best free options platform available:
http://www.thinkorswim.com/
They give you a paper-trading account with 100k to play around with... pretty cool.
duane that is good info about the two web sites i will check them out thanks and you are right options can go south on you in a hurry. kenny i'm so down with the food storage canned corn and indoor it is. we can all go to patsy's if you want. remember sweet indoor games that went on for hours.
Post a Comment