Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lance sucks

Living in Shanghai was fun: I imagine it's similar to the thrill you'd get eating a bowl of someone else's scabs, or slowly slicing into your left pupil with a razor blade. But all joking aside, the people in China are intensely funny. You know, like child molestation--funny right?

Grace and I have rejoined the free world here in Taiwan; I couldn't access this blog in China (something about controlling western barbarians from raping all that is apparently wholesome in this world with their insidious persistence on "free information"). You've done a smashing job; you're all so creative, I couldn't be more proud.

There seems to be a rumor going around that I am somewhat of a pessimist. I find this acqusation wholly unwarranted and down right rude. In order to persuade you all of my general warmth of character and to further confrim that these are fabricated lies, I'll leave you with a pair of anecdotal haikus describing my experience in Shanghai.

Title: God forsakes the Chinaman

Hoping to escape
The burn, paranoid moths swarm
Around red neon.

Out of these corpses
Frenzied Coke and Pepsi vie,
Feeding their offspring.

14 comments:

mrs. farlanderz said...

Lance...What the blood??

JBK said...

Lance, do they have wood in Taiwan?

Lance said...

Yes, I guess they do have wood here. Where is Ammon on this blog?

bunjamins said...

I just met a guy that knew you, although I had no prior connection to him. He thought you were bitter and pessimistic too.

Communist capital to the Coin-for-Sex capital of the world, kind of broad ends aren't they?

graham said...

mf doon what kind of wood you talkin

i have been scope'in old barn wood on the web for the past hour well maybe the past few mins hour just sounds better

Ryan said...

He's talking about bamboo wood...and Ammon isn't here because he's gay.

Ben said...

becca was watching Brokeback Mountain on HBO last night. Very interesting, very provocative.

kjs3 said...

Hey, can you still get cheap watches?

P.S. Sorry for tipping the commies off about our little operation here. :)

Lance said...

Yeah. I bought a pretty cool Rolex. They sell a few other brands, too. What kind do you want?

JBK said...

get me a PANERAI please, thank you

kjs3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kjs3 said...

I don't know if Mont Blanc is rare but these are tight

this
or
this

saw them while engagement ring shopping.

bunjamins said...

You could get me one of these, especially if you find one with a yellow or red face: http://www.citizen.fi/navisail.html

rph said...

Face it guys, the only thing Lance is bringing back with him is a raging case of herpes.